April 19, 2012
Use of copyrighted materials for educational purposes, is often simple and straight-forward to obtain. A letter sent to the publisher or author of the work will typically result in the granting of permission for the use of the material. Please include the following information when making a request for permission:
- Name of the author or editor of the work.
- Title of the materials to be reproduced.
- Exact materials to be used including the appropriate details from the following: page numbers, chapter headings, quotations, URL, diagrams, images or other materials you wish to use.
- A description of the proposed use for the materials (use in a photo story, use in a graduation or farewell PowerPoint presentation, etc).
- Whether the material will be sold or will result in financial gain.
- Details on the individual making the request including your name, return address, telephone number, fax number, email.
- Date of the request.
Filed under: Obtaining Permission