Free Images or Copyleft Sites
- Ookaboo - Creative commons (free) site for finding great images for class work.
- Free Photo Bank – Creative common images
- Classroom Clipart – Free clipart images. Browse by category.
- School Clip Art - Great site for free school clip art.
- FreePhoto – Free stock photography for teachers or students if they cite the image.
- Pics4learning - Free images intended for teacher and student use.
- Free Stock Photos – Download stock photographs for free use in any website or publications.
- Digital Saskatchewan – Images, movies, and sounds from Saskatchewan and around the world.
- Public Domain Photos - Images that are cleared for use without attribution
- Wikimedia - Complex advanced site with images, sounds and video – search in top left.
Creating Custom Images
- Image Chef – Students create their own images for their blogs.
- Fodey – Newspaper Clipping Generator and more
- Odosketch - Online sketch pad for students drawing. The site works well with touch and interactive screens.
- Image After - A collection of images and textures for use and alteration.
BLANK COLOURED SLIDES
Below there are four jpeg files (black, blue, red and white). You can right click and “save as” if you need a blank slide to insert into your photostory presentation at any point. Consider using a coloured background to make slides with lots of type stand out more such as title and credit pages.
Teaching about Creative Commons
- What is Creative Commons?
- Types of licences – http://creativecommons.org/licenses/
- Guide to creative commons (including video for use with your class) http://drapestakes.blogspot.com/2008/12/educators-guide-to-creative-commons.html
- How to cite a Creative Commons image
- http://www.mrmacnology.com/2011/07/simple-cc-flickr-search/ for Flickr as a sample
August 26, 2011
- Cogdogroo - – 50 ways to tell a story. This site goes over web based tools you can use to create your own web-based story.
- ToonDoo – have students create their own comic strips to pull main ideas or concepts from their work.
Special Education and Technology
The Basics About….
Educause Learning Initiative (Great PDF Handouts) - 7 Things Your Should Know About Series:
April 21, 2010
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE : Christmas…..It was Christmas morning and I was quite excited. I wondered what might be waiting for me under the beautiful Christmas tree. I had told my mother I did not believe in Santa anymore. She seemed sad about that. She told me that Santa was more than a man in a red suit. She explained that he was about the spirit of giving, helping others and spending time with people you love. As I crept down to the tree i was shocked to see a fat man in a red suit bending over by where the stockings lay.
Podcast: Play in new window
April 21, 2010