What is Netiquette?
Netiquette is a term from the words “Internet Etiquette” or “Network Etiquette” which describes the use of manners and behavior online.
- Treat other people the way you would like to be treated. Avoid using bad language and don’t say things to someone to make them feel bad.
- Writing in all capital letters is considered SHOUTING and is considered rude. A word or two in caps is fine, but shouting is not recommended.
Tips for Students:
- Keep your e-mail address, name, address or telephone number private.
- Tell your parent or an adult right away if you come across any information that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Do not give out your Internet passwords to anyone (even best friends), other than your parents.
- Do not go to any chatrooms or websites not approved of by your parents/guardians.
May 19, 2012