What Is Inspriation?
Inspiration Software® facilitates visual thinking and learning. The software is a tool for helping students how to organize their thinking, brainstorm, analyze, and write.
The software is available on all SPS computers.
Inspiration In Teaching and Learning
- Create a family tree using Inspiration
- Visit Graphic Organizers for ideas for mindmapping, brainstorming, etc.
- Develop organization skills in writing
- Version 8 Training Materials
- Quick Start Tutorial: This document is 46 pages long and it is aimed for the learner who wants to learn while working on the screen. Please allow about 60 minutes to complete this tutorial.
- SPS Handout for Introduction to Inspiration
- Transfering Inspiration Content to WORD and save it in a version that will open on all school machines.
Start with a blank canvas by selecting “Create a Diagram” from the starter screen or select “Find a Template” to see if what you are looking for has already been created.
Templates are available in Inspiration on its Starter Screen (refer to screenshot). Once in the template area, search online for more templates by selecting BROWSE at the bottom of the template screen. Please note that Inspiration must be installed to view/use these templates.
- Under the Learn to Use option, there are additional resources to help get you started.
View Resources to Help You Integrate Inspiration Across the Curriculum, to locate resources on the Inspiration Website. Find lesson plan books and samples, related technologies, connections to textbooks, as well as archived webcasts and videos that provide an idea of how Inspiration can be integrated across the curriculum.
Inspiration and Kidspiration - Templates and Ideas
- Suggestions for Using Inspiration in the Classroom - lists templates that can be used across the curriculum and considersations for how to use.
- To find copyright free sound files, visit TechyTeacher’s Audio Resources.
April 21, 2010