See A Book Come to Life!
Day 1 – Discussion
- Divide into pairs
- Log onto Titanpad
- Sign in with BOTH team mates FIRST names – i.e. Judy & Carlene
- Answer the question below.
- Plant the cursor and begin writing.
- Everyone will be writing at same time in real time – enjoy the creative space but it is limited to only 15 people at a time.
- Use chat box in bottom right hand corner to discuss which comments from others that you agree with and which you do NOT.
Question : What is the difference between book reports and book trailers?
Book Trailer Discussion
- Book Trailers presentation
Book Trailer Gallery Walkthrough Activity or
View Book Trailers samples from below
- Canyou see the difference between a book report and a book trailer?
- What advice would you give to yourself for creating a good book trailer?
- What makes a good book trailer?
- Co-construction criteria of “What Makes A Good Book Trailer”
Wrap-Up: For our next time together, bring a current book (copyright last two years) appropriate for your grade assignment and inital ideas for a book trailer.
- Review criteria for what makes a good book trailer that was brainstormed last meeting
- Five Basics Steps – http://exploringbooktrailers.wikispaces.com/Making+Your+Own
- The text
- The photos/artwork/video clips
- The soundtrack – either music or sound effects
- The narration (optional)
- A working knowledge of your video/image/audio editing software
- Creative Commons
- Does your trailer convince the viewer to read this book?
- Remember you are focusing on the problem of the story and 1 or 2 characters
September 14, 2012