Comic Life and Graphic Novels
Comic Life has been purchased for use in Saskatoon Public Schools. With that purchase comes a license to allow users to use Comic Life on their personal computers. If you would like to install Comic Life at home, follow this link to access it from our Technology Information site: Comic Life Home Use.
If you would like to see samples of some student work using Comic Life, here are some from the PLASQ Gallery (some are not appropriate for students so select some ones that are appropriate for your students to see what can be done with the software).
- Comic Life in Education
- TechEd – How to Use Comic Life in the Classroom
- Comic Life Quick Tutorial PDF
- Using Comic Life in the Classroom
- A great wiki on Comic Life and Graphic Novels (including Howtoons - Tools of mass construction)
- Comic Life – How To
- Sample Animal Study Comic Life: This is the example of an animal study using pictures found on the Internet. The planning sheet and idea came from Country Meadows District 96. Thanks for sharing your resources!
- Creating Engagingly H.O.T. Comics and Graphic Novels – resources from Bernajean Porter’s workshop
READ, WRITE, THINK Lessons
- Using Comics to Teach Onomatopoeia
- Comics in the Classroom as an Introduction to Narrative Structure
- Comics in the Classroom as an Introduction to Genre
- To, Too, or Two: Developing an Understanding of Homophones
- Comic Strip Planning Sheet
- Comic Creator (an interactive comic creating online tool)
Assessment and Evaluation
April 14, 2011