'small and caring'
Academy of Career & Experiential Learning
This academy offers students a range of career and work exploration experiences so that they will develop the skills necessary to be competitive in today’s world. Experiential learning focuses on creating a combination of in-class and community activities to encourage students to be more active and engaged
Career and Work Exploration Courses
· A variety of courses are offered. These include:
· Grade 9 (CAR Program)
· Career and Work Education 10, A30, B 30
· Tourism 30, 30B
· Wildlife Management 20, 30
· Senior level classes offer a combination of in-class and community activities.
· Wildlife Management includes several full day field trips to Prince Albert National Park as well as other natural habitat locations.
· Students have many opportunities to volunteer within our community.
A complete description of Tourism courses and our CATT academy (Canadian Academy of Travel and Tourism) can be found HERE
· Many business and education partners provide authentic experiences for students to explore and to gain skills and knowledge in unique
· Students are able to participate in a range of learning opportunities: career, fairs, job shadows, tours, volunteer activities and work
· Nutana hosts Career Expos where students get a chance to meet with employers promoting career opportunities available in their sectors.
· Teachers facilitate opportunities for students to participate in a number of field trips that support curriculum objectives. For instance,
Wildlife Management students take three trips to Prince Albert National Park; History and Native Studies students travel to Brightwater
Science and Environment Centre, Diefenbaker Centre and Batoche.
Saskatchewan Youth Apprenticeship
· This program encourages Saskatchewan youth to become aware of the benefits of career in the skilled trades.
· Students who participate are given an incentive to participate in trades-related training and work experience and to create a more clearly
defined career path from high school to apprenticeship.
Individual Development Account (IDA) Program
· This program provides an opportunity for approximately thirty youth each year to set a goal, get a job, open a savings account, save money
and complete a course that provides the basics of how to manage money.
· iJob is a new and innovative career resource designed to support youth to be successful in making the school to work transition.
· It is funded by three government ministries – Advanced Education, Employment and Labour, Social Services and Education.
My experience at Nutana Collegiate has been awesome.
I've been a student here for the last four years and found
nothing but positive energy and encouragement. They have helped me
become the person I am today, working towards a career in medicine.
411 11th Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7N 0E9